Harper Creep Falls

Harper Creep Falls
Harper Creek Falls

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Hanging in there

 

18. Hanging in there

September 25, 2007 by creatorworship | Edit

I went climbing yesterday, once of only twice since my three day trip in August. Over the last five years that is a long stretch to not climb for me, excepting winter of course. Life is full of details and I have more than a few with teaching at a new high school, trying to be a reasonable father to five children (two are away but occupy much conversation, prayer, and concern), wanting to grow in my relationship with my wife, and needing more of Jesus every day. At present my truck stop working and my two youngest are playing soccer.  Well, you get the idea, and I know that my days are not as busy as many or else I wouldn’t have these few minutes to write here or climb yesterday.  I am thankful.  But these details cause me to remember that the believer has no special dispensation to prevent the number or severity of concerns or difficulties, but does have a great Father who helps out when struggles come. Desiring to stay in shape and again climb later on, I have thought about getting a hang board. But such toys cost money that I don’t seem to have for discretionary purchases. It reminds me once again that life is about really living but sometimes we manage no more than hanging in there. So I trust and pray and overcome and sometimes dream about things I’d like to do, like climb.


                                                                        AH belaying.


                                                CW with AH after a 5.11a sport lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment