Harper Creep Falls

Harper Creep Falls
Harper Creek Falls

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Under and Over

It was the little man's birthday. His Mamaw purchased and wrapped two LEGO sets. 


He had really only built Duplo sets previously, but these were mostly within his reach to construct, with a little help from big sister. Picture instructions certainly help, too.


Being into Nancy Drew mysteries these days, I gave her ten mysteries of the collection she did not have that I found at a used bookstore.


I need a tripod and time exposure to do justice to the underground sights. You may see more attempts at phone photography at "Coolest Cave."


I think this the neatest passage in the cave, some 200 feet long, level floor, resounding walls, and resounding floor when pounded upon.


The skies did clear while we were "indoors". My son came with his inflatable kayak and my canoe. My son-in-law did a decent job of steering the whitewater canoe on a lake. It turns on a dime, running only as straight as each stroke provokes it to.


I was impressed with the inflatable kayak. The high-volume pump made it fast and easy to inflate, and it skimmed along quite well, particularly after my son added the bottom fin, an accessory for flat water. Then it collapses to duffle bag size for travel or storage.


At the far end of the lake is a dam...


and cascade.


On the way back I asked my granddaughter if she wanted to jump in. She didn't hesitate and I followed soon after.


It was a beautiful day all around and we regretted our time constraints. Still, the day was full of the blessings of nature observing and conversing with family. And that is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment