Harper Creep Falls

Harper Creep Falls
Harper Creek Falls

Friday, December 23, 2022

Little Blessings in the Day

A colleague at work gave me an early Christmas present. I immediately placed it in plain view for clients and colleagues alike. I like that I can rotate it to keep my mind and thoughts fresh on God.



I have an ongoing project in my backyard. There were three brush piles left in the yard when I purchased it in July. I saw a notice in some welcome literature that I received proclaiming that burns without a permit were not allowed from May to October. While waiting, I built a little fire pit. The first time that I burned brush, a van from the fire department cruised by my house. I guess a neighbor informed them, but it was not dry, I was not burning a pile, and permits are not required. The driver hesitated a moment watching me as I sat enjoying the fire and then drove away.


One of the sticks had sac fungi on it with water from a recent rain and a mold growing on a decaying one at left. I guess fungi are not among those who receive "grace upon grace" (John 1:16), but rather decay upon decay.


I sat by the fire as the stars came out and the lights came on.


Inside she was preparing supper and wondering why I hadn't come in yet.


I bought my wife a gift from Meraki Macrame (shopmerakimacrame.com), a home business of my daughter-in-law.


I requested this special order for our 41st anniversary. Having just recovered from COVID on our 40th anniversary, we barely were able to acknowledge it, so I thought we could do better this time.


The fawns who slept in our backyard during the summer have lost their spots and grown a thick winter coat. It is a good thing since it is supposed to be a few degrees above zero tonight.


It was nine degrees this morning when I got up with a skiff of snow and strongly swaying trees from the blustery wind.


The first snow of winter blown in by a fast moving Polar Express came just in time for Christmas.


When you are blessed, daily life is far from mundane. Oh, there are chores like washing dishes and pumping gas and every menial task in between. If "whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God," (I Corinthians 10:31) you are truly blessed and life is wrought with purpose. Oh, I'm reminding myself as much as you, dear reader. Let us be mindful and alert for God's glory where there is peace and joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment