Harper Creep Falls

Harper Creep Falls
Harper Creek Falls

Saturday, July 20, 2024

Last Morning in Baxter

The gravel road was again deserted this time of morning. Just before the I pond, crossed this erector set bridge, so practical, so functional.



All of the world seems black and white, simple and right, on a bright, cloudless morning. It is good for sorting out thoughts, praying about the significant concerns, and coming to a place of peace with God's good providence for all of my circumstances. Oh, to hold that thought!


I know that there were people and cabins over there, because I just walked from there where no one was stirring at the time. Not seeing or hearing them is almost as good as them not being there. Don't get me wrong, I like people, but I also need time alone.


The water was perhaps 18" deep, amazingly clear and barely disturbed.


At first, I thought the blooms were not yet or just beginning to be open, but upon further inspection and observation of insects coming and going, I would say that this is open.


Then it was time to go, "many miles before I sleep" (2), and a poem was coming to me but without anything on which or with which to record it. It was largely composed by the time I returned to the vehicle to write it down, and I was ready to travel.


1. "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost












 

No comments:

Post a Comment