Harper Creep Falls

Harper Creep Falls
Harper Creek Falls

Thursday, October 17, 2024

Never a Dull Moment

Most pictures of me show me playing. I was cutting up a storm-downed tree for a friend recently. I gave him my phone, saying, "I have very few pictures of me using a chainsaw even though I heated with wood for 38 years." You can tell by the first picture that the saw was cutting well by the size of chips flying and the abundance of sawdust on the trunk and ground. I only glanced at him momentarily since one must pay attention while sawing.


I did sincerely hate to cut up such a straight, lumber worthy log, but he assured me that he could find no one to take it, probably being overwhelmed by the number of trees down after the storm.


I cut the nearly through one firewood length, then all the way through the next. I rolled down the hill without toppling. Then I cut it the rest of the way loose so that it could be handled to be hauled away.


I am also working on a workshop. A friend gave me 54 block to help complete a retaining wall. I noticed the bright white silk inside of one. Sure enough, this wicked little mother crawled out. I found one other smaller one. I took a picture and then crushed it. I don't usually crush spiders, but this kind is a different case. I do not want a population of these in my yard.


The local bike trail park has a new banner. Sticking its head above the trees on the peak of a hill that rises 250' above the surrounding terrain, the flag and eagle weathervane is visible from many places in town.


You would never guess what day it was for our office manager.


With continuous watering, this fancy marigold has been blooming for 3 months.
























No comments:

Post a Comment